This is an accessibility statement from the City of Detroit Housing and Revitalization Department.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines best practices for designers and developers to improve accessibility of websites for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Our goal is to deliver a web experience that achieves “Level AA” conformance according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.1 (WCAG 2.1). We hope to continually iterate and improve Detroit Home Connect even beyond full WCAG conformance.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Detroit Home Connect. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers while using this website by contacting us at the email below:
- E-mail: email@example.com
Compatibility With Browsers and Assistive Technology
Detroit Home Connect is compatible with NVDA and JAWS on PC and VoiceOver on Mac, and has been tested using those assistive technologies.
In keeping with the most current industry best practice, Detroit Home Connect is not compatible with Internet Explorer, as this browser has been officially retired as of June 2022.
Accessibility of Detroit Home Connect relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of Detroit Home Connect, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of some accessibility challenges that we are aware of on our site, and what we are doing to address those challenges.
Known accessibility challenges for Detroit Home Connect:
- Alternative Image Text: Alt text on listing images is automatically generated, which means that it might not exactly match the uploaded image. The images are uploaded by those that own the listing, so we cannot ensure they match the alternative text. We will remind property managers to upload images of the buildings to ensure consistency between the alternative text and image. Please reach out to the property manager, or the Detroit Home Connect support email if you encounter an issue with a listing image.
- “Additional Housing Resources” Page: Some of the linked pages may not be accessible, because the linked resources are third party sites, and we do not have control over their accessibility standards. Please reach out to the property manager or the Detroit Home Connect support email if you encounter an issue with the resources pages.
- Heading elements: Some heading elements are not consistent.
The developer of Detroit Home Connect, Exygy, assessed the accessibility of Detroit Home Connect by the following approaches:
- External evaluation, which included a review from accessibility expert testers with disabilities.
This statement was updated on 21 March 2023.